Killing the legends : the lethal danger of celebrity / Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard.
- ISBN: 9798885783149
- Physical Description: 449 pages (large print), 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Wheeler Publishing, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2022.
- Copyright: ©2022
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Prologue I -- Prologue II -- Prologue III -- Part I: The King -- Part II: The Walrus -- Part III: The Greatest.
"The King is dead. The Walrus is shot. The Greatest is no more. Elvis Presley, John Lennon, and Muhammad Ali. These three icons changed not only the worlds of music, film, and sports, but the world itself. Their faces were known everywhere, in every nation, across every culture. And their stories became larger than life--until their lives spun out of control at the hands of those they most trusted... explore[s] the lives, legacies, and tragic deaths of three of the most famous people of the 20th century. Each experienced immense success, then failures that forced them to change; each faced the challenge of growing old in fields that privilege youth; and finally, each became isolated, cocooned by wealth but vulnerable to the demands of those in their innermost circles"-- Provided by publisher
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Celebrities > Biography.
Presley, Elvis, 1935-1977.
Lennon, John, 1940-1980.
Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016.
Rock musicians > Biography.
Boxers (Sports) > Biography.
Large type books.
Search for related items by series
- 3 of 8 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at New Milford Public Library.
- 3 current holds with 8 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|